Keratoconus and Contact Lenses
In order to view the content, you must install the Adobe Flash Player. Please click here to get started.
Keratoconus is a disease of the eye that causes structural damage to the cornea and varying degrees of visual impairment.
Abnormal Corneal Signs
- Steepening of the corneal shape
- Thinning of the corneal apex
- Irregular astigmatism
- Breaks in the posterior cornea
Abnormal Vision Symptoms
- Decreased vision
- Distorted vision
- Halos around lights
- Monocular diplopia
- Ghost images
- Multiple attempts in obtaining good visual acuity with eyeglasses
- Vision not correctable with eyeglasses